Monday, July 23, 2007

POST

Sunday July 22, 2007

Sunday is a slow quiet day in French Polynesia. Many shops are closed, even the grocery store, Carrefour, closes at noon. Even while open in the morning the liquor areas are taped off like a crime scene. The emphasis of the day is sharply focused on church and family. The coast and parks are full. The weather is as good as it can get, low humidity and warm sun with a cool breeze.

 

Life on board Bella Donna starts surprisingly early given the late night last night. We drink several cups of coffee and catch up on news from home. Deborah, John and Ant go to Carrefour for a few needed groceries. We spend a lazy day on Bella Donna; everyone goes to a comfortable spot and reads a book. Mid afternoon I go to the gym and workout for a couple of hours. The best part of a hard workout is when you stop and lay on the stern deck and relax every muscle. Deborah puts on the new CD she bought and I decide to relax listen, drink a big glass of water and take in the view of Tahiti and Moorea. The music is by Jehro who sings beautiful uplifting songs with a voice that sounds something like Rod Stewart. The only thing I need to do is shower before sunset so I can have one sundowner in traditional style before dinner and a movie.

 

God Bless Bella Donna.

 

No comments: