Not much to report; boring is good. Looks like thunder storms are in our future; I just hope there is not any lightning. We have been seeing some distant lightning at night. The wind is still blowing, but with just the Stay sail out we are doing 7+ knots. We were doing 9+ knots with the cutter rig; Genoa, Stay and 2 reefed main. However, the occasional cloud would gust the winds to 27 knots that would stress Bella Donna too much, so we eliminated the Genoa.
The weather has cooled off some and the humidity had dropped below the levels we experienced between Tahiti and our position report given yesterday. It does not make any since, but the last time we crossed the equator we had cool weather. I have read somewhere that global warming if it occurs will not affect the equator much.
No fishing today; we do not have storage room for any more fish at this time. Now that I know I have a lure that fish like, we will put the line out when we need more fish to eat. I just wish we could catch a tuna; however, the red and white lures are looking less attractive.
Till now my best sleep is in our house in Kona. There is the sound of the sea swells crashing onto the lava and the soft cool tropical breezes. The birds are singing with first light and last light each day. Now I am experiencing the fly bridge sun pad on Bella Donna. There are the sounds of the sea, the strong trade winds and the mostly gentile rocking of Bella Donna. Oh, the night sky is incredible. Not only are there many more stars than you see on land, but the stars are presented in 3D space so that you feel like you can reach out and touch them. About 2 AM I spot a huge series of stars forming a perfect arc as if flung outward from a big explosion, maybe it was the big bang. The stars look they get farther away from one end of the arc to the other forming a dramatic 3D effect.
Today about 10 AM we finished the first 25% of our passage to Hawaii that took 87 hours.
God Bless Bella Donna
----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:
No comments:
Post a Comment