Monday June 4, 2007
Slept in
Most all of the last 2 months has been spent with us hearing, much less seeing, any news reports, except the weather of course and we asked for the weather when we wanted it. I am sure some important news occurred in those two months, but no one has approached with “did you hear?”. I talk to family and friends who all wanted to know details of the passage, but no one wanted to make sure I caught up with some significant news that occurred during the prior 2 months. I think news is only important if you go looking for it or someone you respect brings it to your attention. Therefore, Fox News, CNN News, MSNBC, TODAY, Good Morning America and the many others are mental chewing gum and should be avoided. Oh, also include talk radio. I have much better things to do, like stroke Topaz, who is in my lap right now, or spend time with my grandchildren and my children.
The one thing I do have time for is a quick scan of the google news headlines. This takes maybe 5 minutes and if I want more detail I can dive down with a click. The only thing that catches my eye today is a new patented sandal made by Tiva, the Karnali Wraptor.
I think one should put priority on news that affects decisions they are making on what to do and how to live their life. This morning I awoke to a mighty wind in the pine trees outside. I asked to see the weather because there is a wind advisory blinking on my computer screen; there will be gusts to 60 mph today and possible snow down to 6500 feet tonight; a late spring or winter storm is on its way. That rules out golf and rigging the main sail on Tomcat my other catamaran on
God Bless Bella Donna
No comments:
Post a Comment